The outpouring of community support for CVMC as we work to stem the impacts of this global pandemic has been astounding! We deeply appreciate offers of help from people throughout our region.
Many of you are already helping save lives by staying at home. We ask that you continue to do that and only venture out when absolutely necessary. Practicing social distancing can help “flatten the curve” and prevent our health care system from being overwhelmed.
Here are some other ways you can make a difference in our fight against COVID-19.
Share Your Gratitude
Your words of encouragement help keep everyone at CVMC going strong during these very challenging times. Whether it’s to say thank you or share an inspirational story you can share your message of support and pictures here, or on our social media channels:
Please include #ThanksHealthHeroes so we can share your thoughts and words of encouragement.
CVMC staffing levels are currently adequate to meet the need presented by COVID-19.
- We are specifically seeking people with medical credentials to build a reserve to alleviate potential future needs.
- N-95 Masks – CVMC is accepting N-95 mask donations in unopened, original packaging. These masks are critical personal protective equipment that our staff wears when caring for COVID-19 positive patients.
- Hand Sanitizer – We can only accept unused personal-sized bottles, or pump bottles in quantities of 20 or more.
- Sanitizing Wipes – We can only accept quantities of five unopened packages or more.
- Face Shields – We are seeking re-usable face shields that can be disinfected—some of which are being made by area businesses and organizations with 3D printers. (We are not sourcing single use face shields (open cell foam and bands).
- Hand-Sewn Masks – We are accepting hand-sewn cloth masks. Here is information on how to make these masks to meet CVMC and community need.
- Hand Sewn Surgical Caps – We are seeking surgical or scrub caps, which can be hand sewn. You can find patterns here.
If your offer of help does not meet CVMC’s current requirements, there is still tremendous community need! Please contact the The Washington and Northern Orange Counties Regional Response Command Center (WNOC-RRCC) member coordinating donations:
Support Our COVID-19 Response Fund
Even as we receive an outpouring of donated supplies, food, and other kindness, community members are asking how to contribute to Central Vermont Medical Center’s COVID-19 response efforts, so we’ve established the CVMC COVID-19 Response Fund.
Donations to this Fund will support emerging needs and help address COVID-19’s devastating impact on patients and families, front line caregivers, and the delivery of health care in Central Vermont.
Thank you for your support. Your partnership in this effort is deeply appreciated.