The Community Health Team (CHT) at CVMC is a patient-centered multidisciplinary team that strives to improve the primary health and wellness for all patients in central Vermont.
Request an Appointment
If you are in need of our services, talk to your healthcare provider or call us directly.
What Is the Community Health Team?
The Community Health Team (CHT) at CVMC is a patient-centered multidisciplinary team that strives to improve the primary health and wellness for all patients in central Vermont. CHT is committed to removing health barriers by offering services free of charge in the comfort of your primary care office. CHT services can help you or those you love improve their changes for reaching goals while providing one-on-one support.
Background: CVMC’s Community Health Team is an outgrowth of the Vermont Blueprint for Health, a statewide partnership to move health care to a system focused on preventing illness and complications. Download the current Barre Dashboard to find out what is happening in our Health Service Area.
Our Health Coordinator team consists of:
- Registered Nurses
- Social Workers
- Registered Dietitians
- Certified Diabetes
- Certified Wellness Coaches
- License Mental Health and Substance Abuse Counselors
Our Community Health Team Services
Our team offers a full range of services that will help you make changes in your life that will enable you to reach your goals.
Our health coaches are supportive individuals who are trained to help people figure out their personal health and wellness goals. Health coaches help develop strategies with the individual to overcome and create healthy behavior and lifestyle changes. People who want to lose weight, reduce stress, or lower risk of chronic disease are just some area where a health coach can be helpful.
Nutrition and Diabetes Education and Counseling
Our Nutrition Education and Counseling Program includes one-on-one nutrition education and counseling, for adults and children, for many conditions.
Diabetes education is provided through our Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE). Our approach promotes patient-centered care, working with primary care providers to help patients take control of this chronic condition.
Our free Healthier Living Workshops are offered throughout the year at locations around central Vermont. Our workshops include:
- Tobacco Cessation
- Chronic Disease Self-Management
- Chronic Pain Self-Management
- Diabetes Prevention
- Diabetes Self-Management
- Wellness Recovery Action Plan (Emotional Wellness)
Our community health team provides assistance accessing community resources, such as:
- Social services
- Mental health support
- Food Assistance
- Pharmacy Assistance
- Access to health care
- Paperwork Assistance
- And more!
The role of the Panel Care Coordinator is to assist Care Teams in proactively managing and coordinating clinic services. This position serves as a liaison between providers and patients and coordinates preventative and complex chronic health services to assist patients to optimize healthcare goals.
Post-Partum and Maternal Health Services
Our team offers EVERY pregnant and postpartum patient a wellness consult to review supports, mental health first aid, resources, referrals, family planning and general education, as well as provide support for pregnant and parenting women with addictions.
Substance Abuse Services
Our addiction counselors offer a variety of substance abuse services and can help you access other resources in our community.
- SBIRT (Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment). A free early intervention and treatment services for patients at risk of developing substance use disorders.
- MAT (Medication Assisted Treatment). Our Medication Assisted Therapy (MAT) program assists patients addicted to opioids with medication and other supports to help them in their recovery.
- RAM (Rapid Access to MAT program). Offered through our Emergency Department, RAM provides same-day treatment for opioid addiction and follow-up counseling services.
- CVTP (Central Vermont Treatment Partners). A partnership of health care professionals throughout central Vermont designed to quickly connect people in need of treatment for opioid use disorder to area treatment programs.