Central Vermont Medical Center's Infectious Disease department provides consultations and care for persons with HIV/AIDS and general infectious diseases, as well as international travel medicine.
Infectious Disease Department at Central Vermont Medical Center
The Infectious Disease Department at Central Vermont Medical Center performs consultations from all hospital departments and specialties for a wide diversity of clinical illnesses. The outpatient clinic provides care for persons with HIV/AIDS and general infectious diseases, assisting with home intravenous antibiotic therapy and counseling and prevention for international travelers.
Clinic services provided include:
- Follow up for inpatient consultations to all hospital departments and specialty services.
- Inpatient care for persons living with HIV/AIDS requiring medical admission.
- Outpatient primary and specialty care for persons living with HIV/AIDS.
- Follow-up for sexual assault victims being treated to prevent HIV transmission.
- Outpatient infectious diseases consultation.
- Counseling, preventive medicine and post-travel assessment for the international traveler.
- Home Intravenous Antibiotics
Common Infectious Disease Conditions
- Osteomyelitis (Bone Infections)
- Fever of unknown origin
- Endocarditis (Heart Valve Infections)
- Hepatitis B Infection
- Hepatitis C Infection
- Joint Infections
- Pulmonary Infections (including TB and non-tuberculous mycobacterial infections)
- Skin Infections
- Our Infectious Disease Team
The CVMC Infectious Disease program is staffed by a full time board-certified physician and nurse. Services available for consultation include dietitians, social workers, support staff, and infection control practitioners.
Providing care for those living with HIV/AIDS is a strong focus of the staff. They work closely with the University of Vermont Medical Center and the Vermont Department of Health.
We provide treatment for all stages of HIV/AIDS. All services are confidential including: HIV testing, prevention counseling, pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), and medical care for patients living with HIV/AIDS.
International Travel Medicine
The CVMC Infectious Disease Department provides pre-travel advice, immunizations, medications, and treatment of post travel illness.