Our Behavioral Medicine services at Central Vermont Medical Center empower patients to better self-manage their health conditions.
Rehabilitation Therapy - Berlin - Granger Road
Our Behavioral Medicine services at Central Vermont Medical Center empower patients to better self-manage their health conditions. These concerns may include:
- Chronic pain
- Migraine headaches
- Tension headaches
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Opioid misuse assessment
- Pre-surgical psychological evaluations
The Behavioral Medicine services help patients to enjoy life to the fullest and improve productivity at work and home, while enabling them to take charge of their health. It's about regaining control over one's life.
Treatment tools include:
- Self-management strategies
- Cognitive behavioral tools and techniques
- Meditation and relaxation strategies specific to medical condition
- Biofeedback therapy using surface EMG, Thermal and GSR tools
- Hypnotherapy for pain control
Behavioral medicine services are coordinated with your medical treatment as well other treatment such as physical and occupational therapy.