If you are thinking about getting pregnant there are many steps you can take now in order to set the stage for a healthy pregnancy.
The March of Dimes "Lucky 13 Checklist:"
- Take a multivitamin supplement that's includes folic acid everyday.
- Stop smoking* and avoid second-hand smoke. Check our page on Tobacco Cessation for more information.
- Stop drinking alcohol.
- Don't use illegal drugs.
- Go for a pre-pregnancy checkup. Talk to your primary doctor about scheduling one.
- Learn about genetics.
- Avoid infections.
- Avoid hazardous chemicals at home and work.
- Avoid stress.
- Eat right.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Get fit.
- Help Dad get healthy too.