If you are thinking about getting pregnant there are many steps you can take now in order to set the stage for a healthy pregnancy.
Our Women's Health ob/gyn practice offers family planning services as well as Infertility Counseling and Therapy.
Call 802-317-5961 to make an appointment today with one our board-certified obstetricians.
Fertility and Due Date Calculators
Our fertility and due date calculators can help you find out when you are most fertile and your estimated due date.
The March of Dimes "Lucky 13 Checklist" covers all of the basics that you should consider if you are thinking about getting pregnant:
- Take a multivitamin supplement that's includes folic acid everyday.
- Stop smoking* and avoid second-hand smoke. Check our page on Tobacco Cessation for more information.
- Stop drinking alcohol.
- Don't use illegal drugs.
- Go for a pre-pregnancy checkup. Talk to your primary doctor about scheduling one.
- Learn about genetics.
- Avoid infections.
- Avoid hazardous chemicals at home and work.
- Avoid stress.
- Eat right.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Get fit.
- Help Dad get healthy too.