Integrative medicine is healing-oriented medicine that considers the whole person (body, mind and spirit), including all aspects of lifestyle. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship and uses all appropriate therapies, both conventional and alternative.
- Management of acute and chronic illnesses
- Gynecological exams
- Health maintenance examinations
- Coordination of care with specialty physicians
- Minor surgical procedures
- Hospital treatment through CVMC's Hospitalist Program
- Diabetic education
- Family planning
- Well-child exams
- Sports and camp physicals
- SBIRT substance abuse counseling - A comprehensive, integrated, public health approach to the delivery of early intervention and treatment services for patients at risk of developing substance use disorders.
CVMC Rehabilitation Therapy
The providers at Central Vermont Medical Center’s Rehab Services strive to meet your needs and return you to work and play as soon as possible. Our providers facilitate healing with many different therapies.
Learn more our Physical Therapy services.
To make an appointment, call 802-371-4242.
Emergency situations are given immediate attention. We provide 24-hour physician coverage for emergencies. After regular office hours, call the office number, and you will be given instructions on what to do. The on-call doctor will return your call if requested. In extreme emergencies, please call 911. When you arrive at the hospital, please identify yourself or your child as our patient.
If you have an appointment scheduled shortly after your test, we will go over the results with you during your office visit, otherwise your labs will be published to your portal. If you have not signed up for your provider portal, please contact our office. If labs or diagnostic imaging results fall outside normal ranges, a nurse or clinician will call to discuss them with you.
Our practice requires payment at the time services are rendered. We will directly bill Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Medicaid, Medicare, MVP, and Cigna. We also accept cash, check, and MasterCard/Visa. We may bill other insurance companies as a courtesy to our patients; however, payment is ultimately your responsibility. We do offer a Financial Assistance Plan for those who qualify. Co-pays are due at time of service.
- If you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment, please give us 24 hours' notice so that we can use your appointment time for another patient.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time. If you are more than 5 minutes late for your scheduled appointment time, you will be asked to reschedule.
- Help us keep your records as current as possible. Let us know if there are any changes to your address, phone number, insurance company or other pertinent information.