We offer the following tests (all of which must be ordered by a provider for both inpatients and outpatients):
- Routine X-Rays
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scans
- PET/CT (Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Breast Biopsies
- Nuclear Medicine
To request a copy of your radiology study, use the following form:
Radiology equipment operated by licensed technologists is completely safe and without significant health risks to you. Technologists use radiation-reducing measures such as minimizing the area exposed to x-rays, and lead aprons for patients of childbearing age. Pregnant patients are encouraged to notify the technologist before the exam starts.
- CVMC's MRI unit is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- CVMC's Mammography Department is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) and by the Food & Drug Administration's (FDA) Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA).
- The entire Department is also approved by the Joint Commission on Accreditation and Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).
- In addition to JCAHO accreditation, the imaging equipment is inspected by both Federal and State agencies such as the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the Vermont Department of Health & Human Services.