The women’s health experts at Central Vermont Medical Center provide compassionate, personalized care for women at every stage of life. Our OB/GYNs, nurses, and staff collaborate to care for women’s physical, mental, and emotional health. Additionally, a doctor is on-call 24/7 to care for patients with women’s health emergencies.
Women who visit our office can access a team of specialists as well, including a reproductive endocrinologist and a psychotherapist who have the expertise to educate and support women to help achieve optimal wellness.
- Obstetrical Management and Care
- Gynecological Examinations
- Periodic Health Maintenance
- Family Planning
- Gynecological Surgical Procedures
- Infertility Counseling and Therapy
- Management of Acute and Chronic Illnesses
- Hospital Treatment
- Coordination of Care with Primary Physician
- SBIRT substance abuse counseling - A comprehensive, integrated, public health approach to the delivery of early intervention and treatment services for patients at risk of developing substance use disorders.
Services for Transgender, Nonbinary Gender or Gender Queer Patients
We are available to ALL patients at every stage of their journey. We provide cervical cancer screening, contraception, pregnancy planning and other reproductive health needs served in our office. If being seen in a ‘women’s healthcare’ office is not comfortable for you, we are happy to make other arrangements to make sure that your healthcare needs are met.
We welcome calls for open conversations and candid discussion. Your comfort is our priority.
- Endometrial biopsy: Obtaining a tissue sample from the uterine lining
- Intrauterine devices (IUD’S): Used for birth control and for cycle control (we also remove these)
- Nexplanon insertion: Implant placed in the upper arm for birth control (we also remove these)
- Sonohysterogram: Procedure performed under ultrasound guidance allowing u/s visualization of the uterine lining
- Colposcopy with and without biopsies: Magnified visualization of the cervix with the ability to obtain biopsies
- LEEP (LOOP Electrosurgical Excision Procedure): Treating abnormal areas found on the cervix at the time of the colposcopy
- Other biopsies as indicated
- HER OPTION: Cryo-ablation surgery to cauterize the lining of the uterus.
- Hysteroscopy (both diagnostic and operative): Visualization of the uterine lining and removal of endometrial polyps.
- ESSURE: During a hysteroscopy inserting the essure device in each of the fallopian tube ostia to produce permanent female sterilization.
Emergency situations are given immediate attention. We provide 24-hour physician coverage for emergencies. After regular office hours, call the office number, and you will be given instructions on what to do. In extreme emergencies, please call 911. When you arrive at the hospital, please identify yourself as our patient.
We will notify you of all lab and x-ray results. If you have an appointment scheduled shortly after your test, we will go over the results with you during your office visit. We may also contact you by phone or mail. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of your test, please call our office.
Our practice requires payment at the time services are rendered. We will directly bill Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Medicaid, Medicare, MVP, and Cigna. We also accept cash, check, and MasterCard/Visa. We may bill other insurance companies as a courtesy to our patients; however, payment is ultimately your responsibility. We do offer a Financial Assistance Plan for those who qualify. Co-pays are due at time of service.